The oven is one of those kitchen appliances that can get dirty after a single use. So, do you have time to tend to it after every meal preparation? You probably don’t. You just close it and leave it for later. As a result, your oven soon ends up covered in a layer of dirt and emits unpleasant odors.
When you finally find time to deal with it, you wish you could have somebody do it for you. Well, you could. Call Jackson Heights, NY, house cleaners, and they’ll scrub it thoroughly for you. They have all upkeep hacks up their sleeve, and they’re always willing to share some with you. In this article, they’ll introduce you to their super-efficient oven maintenance guide that works every time. Read on!
How do you clean a really dirty oven?
If your oven is extremely dirty, pick a day when you have a lot of free time to tackle it since hardened stains and grease sometimes need a few hours to soften. Also, opt for non-toxic and safe alternatives, as you don’t want your food to get in contact with any harmful chemical residue.
Now, let’s get down to business. Let’s see how you can make your oven sparkle.
- Grab baking soda, white vinegar, dish soap, scrub pads, a toothbrush, microfiber cloths, and warm water.
- Plug out your oven to avoid damage and injuries.
- Take the racks out and place them in a bathtub full of warm soapy water. If you prefer white vinegar and baking soda, use this combo instead of dish soap. Just make sure to leave the racks to soak for some time. If the stains are particularly stubborn, they might need more time to loosen.
- Make your baking soda paste. Combine ½ cup of baking soda and a few tablespoons of warm water in a container. The paste should be thick but spreadable.
- Coat the oven interior with the paste. Be careful not to touch the heating elements. Let the active substances cut through the hardened gunk.
- Check the racks. If the stains have softened, scrub them with a scrub pad. If you have difficulty getting rid of these spatters, rub them with a toothbrush.
- Rinse the racks and dry them with a clean microfiber cloth.
- Grab another damp microfiber cloth and cautiously remove the baking soda residue inside the oven.
- Spray white vinegar, again steering away from the heating elements. Let it sit for a few minutes, and then wipe it off with a new damp microfiber cloth.
- Wipe the door with some white vinegar too. If you have a stainless steel exterior, ensure to move your cloth along the grain. Finally, use a dry microfiber cloth to polish your stainless steel to a shiny finish.
If you don’t want to spend much time scrubbing your oven, remember to spot clean when necessary and cook in containers with lids whenever possible. This will reduce grease splatters.
Moreover, hiring professionals is always advisable if you are unsure how to handle the above steps, as you don’t want to damage your belongings.
Where in Jackson Heights, NY, can I find trustworthy house cleaners?
It’s time to deep clean your fridge, straighten up your kitchen cabinets and restore order in your kitchen drawers, and you feel overwhelmed. You don’t know what to tackle first. So why not call Checklist Maids to complete these tasks for you and much more.
We’re a locally-owned referral agency with a sole mission: to give people more time and peace of mind by making their homes spotless. Contact us, and we’ll dispatch a fully-equipped and experienced crew to make your home spick and span while you take your kids to Northern Playground. Schedule an appointment now!