Moping, sweeping, and wiping around your home is time-consuming indeed. Thank the heavens you have your beloved kitchen appliances so you don’t have to hand-wash your dishes or clothes. But then, you suddenly notice strange odors coming out of your washing machine and your clothes stop being perfectly clean after being machine washed.
Don’t lose your head straight away. These are just signs you have probably neglected your washing machine for much too long. And all you need to do now is to give it a decent deep clean.
Our cleaners providing professional maid service in Richmond Hill, NY are here to reveal a couple of tricks that will help you clean your precious washing machine naturally and efficiently. Read on!
How do I deep clean my washing machine naturally?
If you want to deep clean your washing machine naturally, here are several useful tips to help you out.
Cleaning a front-loading washer
- Pour white vinegar into a spray bottle and apply it to the inside of your machine’s drum. Then, wipe everything down using a microfiber cleaning cloth.
- The rubber gaskets also require serious attention as mildew, scum, and even hair get stuck there. So make sure to wipe them thoroughly.
- Mix two cups of white vinegar and directly pour it into the detergent dispenser. Set the longest possible cleaning cycle and combine it with hot water to thoroughly clean it.
- Take your baking soda and measure one half of a cup before pouring it into the drum of your machine while using the same settings as for white vinegar.
- Take a microfiber cloth, sprinkle it with vinegar, and clean the entire exterior of your washing machine, including the door, the control panel, and the knobs.
- To finish the process, detach removable parts and submerge them in a bucketful of warm soapy water. Take a sponge to scrub each piece, then rinse and dry them before putting them back.
Cleaning a top-loading washer
- Set the washer to the hottest and highest settings and add 4 cups of white vinegar before turning it on. Then, pause the machine as it fills up to allow the mixture to sit for about one hour.
- While waiting, take care of the rest of the surfaces on your washing machine by pouring a bit of vinegar onto your microfiber cleaning cloth and cleaning the front, the sides, and the lid.
- The fabric softener and the detergent dispensers require additional attention, so you should take a toothbrush to thoroughly scrub them and get them shiny clean.
- When the cycle with your mixture is complete, take a single cup of baking soda and turn on your machine once again for a final clean.
- Leave your washing machine with an open lid to dry it properly.
Is bleach or vinegar better to clean the washing machine?
You have probably come across numerous tips mentioning bleach as a perfect cleaning solution for your washing machine. While it is a powerful disinfectant, it’s also toxic and you need to be extra careful not to inhale it.
White vinegar, on the other hand, is one of the best natural cleaning products – it effortlessly eliminates grease, hard water stains, buildup, and residue. That’s why it is a more reliable solution for cleaning chores in your home.
Where can I find trustworthy green maid services in Richmond Hill, NY?
Don’t feel like cleaning your home in hot weather? Need professional cleaners to do the job for you? You can stop your search now! Checklist Maids boast incredibly meticulous cleaning experts who will face all your cleaning challenges with the utmost care.
And don’t bite your nails because of possible toxic residue. Cleaners we send in only apply harmless natural cleaning solutions that can make a real difference in your home! Call us, and enjoy at Montauk beach with your family, while we remove all sorts of dirt in your home! Book an appointment now!