As a homeowner, you probably strive to keep your house tidy at all times. It is aesthetically pleasing, creates a healthy environment for your family members, and impresses your visitors.
As you try to realize your ambitious aspirations, numerous questions arise. What cleaning techniques should you use to clean a concrete floor in your basement, for instance? Or, how can you spruce up your garage efficiently? What to clean in your bedroom first? And most importantly, how often should you clean your house? Is cleaning once a month enough?
Unless you are a professional who offers maid service in Jackson Heights, NY, you’ll always have doubts about cleaning. That is why, in this blog post, we’ll discuss monthly cleaning and what chores you should do once a month. Read on!
Is monthly cleaning enough?
Cleaning your house once a month may sound great in theory. Unfortunately, this isn’t very realistic. Just visualize the mess around your home if you clean it only once a month: messy floors covered with dust and dirt, unsightly stovetops, smudged mirrors, etc. This doesn’t fit into your all-year-round-neat-home grand plan, does it? So, no, monthly cleaning isn’t enough, especially for the frequently used areas and high-touch surfaces.
What cleaning should be done monthly?
But wait, there is some good news! There are certain chores you can actually do only once a month. Let’s look at the list:
- Clean light fixtures. Just grab a high-quality microfiber cloth, dampen it a little bit, and wipe the surfaces carefully.
- Wash curtains and drapes and dust blinds. Don’t forget to check the manufacturer’s instructions on how to maintain them properly.
- Dust hard-to-reach areas. Once a month, try to reach the areas you usually skip in your regular clean-ups (under your furniture, behind large appliances, ceilings, etc.). This will significantly improve the air quality in your home.
- Vacuum inside your furniture. As a lot of dust and dirt can hide there, it is important to do this tiring chore at least once a month to avoid a heavy build-up of grime in your favorite pieces.
- Deep clean your kitchen appliances, such as ovens, dishwashers, washing machines, coffee makers, etc. For this purpose, you can either opt for commercial products or make your own ultimate eco-friendly multi-purpose cleaner with baking soda and vinegar.
- Deep clean your garbage disposal. This is crucial for a hygienic, odorless kitchen, and it isn’t complicated to do. Just let the vinegar and baking soda’s magic fizz do the job for you.
- Unclog your showerhead for pleasurable showers. Submerge it into a plastic bag filled with vinegar for a few hours and then rinse it.
- Clean windows. Don’t use newspapers for this purpose. Instead, use a microfiber cloth. Also, pick a cloudy day to complete this task as the sunshine can dry the cleaner fast and leave unattractive streaks on your windows. Finally, make sure to wipe down the windowsills.
Hire a locally-owned maid service for your home in Jackson Heights, NY
The above list of monthly tasks isn’t final, by all means. So, how can you be sure you’ve covered every inch of your home? Well, that’s why Checklist Maids is at your service. We only cooperate with trustworthy professionals who have efficient cleaning methods at their fingertips and who know how often certain household chores need to be done for the desired result: a sparkling house.
Our maids are also aware that each home is unique, and they’ll do their best to provide you with a personalized service specially tailored for your living space. So, take your kids to Travers Park, while professionals we send in tackle your house meticulously. You’ll love it! Schedule an appointment now!